CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

So fast

I cannot believe how fast time is flying these days. It is almost the end of August and everyone is going back to school. I really feel like 2009 just started, and yet we're 4 months short of being done! Where has all the time gone?


It's been a fairly busy month for us here. My roommate moved out at the beginning of the month. He'd been staying for the past year or so, and although it was nice to have him around, it's also been nice to be on my own again. I was able to move Joshua into his own room and that has been A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! It's been great to have a separate space for him to go when he wants to play uninterrupted, take a time-out without distractions, and to go to his own bed and actually sleep at his intended bedtime. Up until now he has been going to sleep in the front room and transferred to bed once asleep because he could just never resist waking his sister up if he went to bed awake. So now, we have a sweet and simple routine and Samantha is down by 6:30 and he's down by 7:30. It's also been great to feel more free in the rest of the house. When he was in the front room, I always felt the need to be extra careful regarding sound, television, etc, because he often attempted to use anything as an excuse to come ask questions. Now, once we say goodnight, I don't hear a thing from him. It's great.


It's also been a lot of fun to redecorate Samantha's room. I decided to take the decorations that were in their shared room and put them in Joshua's room, which meant I got to go out and purchase new decorations for her room! I was so blessed to have an amazing friend that provided some much needed funds for this grand adventure! I love having a girl, and I find it absolutely hysterical that I enjoy the girly so much of the girly aspect of it. I've always been a fairly girly-girl, but I adore the frills of mothering a little girl. Dresses, fun hair stuff, pretty decorations...etc. Once we moved the shared decorations out and put Samantha's new stuff in, I was surprised by how boy-like the previous decorations were. They go great in his room and I'll post some pics once I finish putting up pictures and what not. But here are some pics of Samantha's room and the first time I did braids in her hair.






She was so cute when I took her into her room to show her the new decorations, she looked around and then suddenly let out a big grin and laugh. It was great.


Joshua has really liked his room, and he saw some additional pictures I brought home today and was so excited that they were for his room. I will be finishing up his room on Friday, most likely, and can't wait. I was going to blog about some other activites we did recently but that will have to wait as I'm very tired and uploading pictures took forever! Until then...

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love the hair.. and the room...
boy she looks so big!!!!

Micaela said...

Thanks Gals! She is definitely getting big. So fast! I love the room, it's so fun and so her. I'm so glad I get to share this stuff with you both, eventhough I don't get to see you guys!