CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

All Mine!!

So today I scheduled my last payment for my car. It's very exciting and a little unnerving. I don't know why unnerving exactly, but it just sort of is. This was the first (and will be the LAST) car I leased. I have always talked everyone I know out of leasing, and was completely and totally against it. But then a few years ago I found myself in need of another car, and wanting to get into a newer car, and particularly a Honda. I love Hondas. I find them very dependable and with the kids, wanted a dependable and safe car. I wanted an Odyssey, and still want one, but wasn't able to afford one either to purchase or to lease. And then I took a look at the CRV. I loved it. I still wanted my minivan, but also realized that the CRV would force me to say no to various things and that maybe I needed something to limit me in some ways. And when I considered my needs, I realized that the CRV was the perfect size for my little family and would be fine as the kids grew. When the numbers were crunched (after adding some money due to my old car) the lease payment was still going to be more than I would've liked to pay, but it was doable and would allow me to get a car I wanted.

Of course almost from the moment I signed, I realized that leasing was just dumb. I planned from the beginning to buy the car at the end of the lease, and knew that in total I would only be paying a few thousand more than sticker price, but with depreciation, it was just not smart to lease. But what was done was done, and I was, and have been, pretty happy with my car. And now, it's mine. I own a 2008 Honda CRV and I expect that it will last quite a while. And although I still miss my minivan occasionally and long for that Odyssey, I am blessed and happy to own my CRV. Yay me! Now just to pay off that mortgage... :)

1 comments:

Yvonne said...

Yeah! We have not had car payments for 5 years and it has been great! Sadly, we both need new cars now! We will have to hang on a bit longer... but I am sure that we will get there.. someday... I hope...