CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 27, 2010

Computer Love

Or not...

I've had the worst computer luck lately. More than a month ago my laptop was infected with some sort of virus. I'm really careful with not clicking on unknown sites or links, and I don't download stuff so I'm not sure what happened, but it pretty much made my computer first completely unusable, and then now limitedly usable. I still don't feel safe using it for my photo stuff and it can't really do as much as it used to. It's actually my work laptop and so now instead of traveling back and forth with me it just stays here at work. But I miss it.

I've been thinking about getting my own laptop anyway, and have been going back and forth between another PC or a Mac. My first computer was a Mac and I've always loved them, but when I started working after college, it was better to get a PC since the programs for easy compatibility weren't really available back then. So I've had two or three PC desktops since then, and have been okay with them. Once I got my work laptop I worked off that much more and my desktop just sat. Once my laptop was infected I had to work off my desktop much more and that was not as enjoyable anymore since I had gotten used to being much more portable. But I was making it work.

I had still been considering a computer and researching a lot, and had pretty much decided on a Mac but was going to wait until tax return time but then it happened. My desktop is now infected. I have NO IDEA what happened but I can't do anything with it. And all my Christmas pictures are on it. They're also on an external hard drive but that was attached to the computer when it was seemingly affected so now I'm worried about whether I'll be able to get them. UGH!

So now I am definitely going to need to get a computer now and due to two separate infection issues I will definitely be going with the Mac. It's not that they're 100% bulletproof from viruses but the likelihood is greatly diminished due to the fact that most computer viruses target PC's. And additionally I'd really like to do more with the video's I'm taking of the kids and the Mac is so much easier to do. By far, I've just heard better things about them, and after my recent experience just cannot bring myself to buy a PC. Of course, the expense is so much more, but for a little more peace of mind, and a lot more options with my picture and video I am sure I will feel that it is worth it. I do wish I could wait, but I'll also make it work now.

I've missed updating my blog a bit, since I have not enjoyed sitting at any computer for any length of time to write. I've kinda been anti-computer for a while. But one of the things I want to do more next year is write, I can't wait to get my new laptop and play around with it. So I hope by weeks end, I will once again have...

Computer Love.

1 comments:

Micaela said...

I got my MacBook Pro and am so happy with it! I know that there's so much more I can do with it and cannot wait to figure it all out! I feel so much more confident and secure with it. :)