CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Joshua!

Today my baby boy turns 5. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. He is an amazing child and I am truly, truly blessed to be his Mother. Joshua is smart and funny; handsome and amusing; silly and quick to laugh. Those are all traits make for a kid that's fairly good to be around. But what I'm most proud of, and what brings such joy to my heart, is the kind, loving, and generous heart he has. He loves Jesus and prays for those around him. He wants to make sure his sister is included in fun activities and he often gives into her when she wants something (both a good and not so good thing, but his heart is in the right place). When planning his birthday celebration for school he wanted to be sure that his sister would be able to have a cupcake too. Whenever we get there to pick him up and it's snack time, he jumps up from his chair to share his snack with her. He regularly and frequently pauses to tell me he loves me, and will gently stroke my hand or arm when next to me. He is such a loving boy.

He is such a BOY. Both to my delight and frustration sometimes, he is definitely a boy. He loves to show off his new "cool tricks" (usually a jump and twist of some sort), and loves to make his cars go as fast and as loud as they possibly can. I guess anything that can be made to go fast or loud (and that's pretty much anything) goes really fast and really loud. I've been working a lot this year on separating misbehavior or too silly behavior from just being a boy behavior. It's sometimes difficult for me as I enjoy a fairly quiet house, but I truly don't want to stifle his growth and development. I guess we always want what's best for our kids, and I'm constantly trying to figure out what that is with him. Luckily he also really loves some quiet activities as well. He can spend hours with books and puzzles and loves to create with his legos (which then because items to move around as loud and fast as possible, haha).

So today my son is 5. I can only imagine what this next year will bring as we start kindergarten in the fall (looking forward to being a help in his class, not looking as forward to the amounts of homework I've heard about); staring soccer again (this time on an actual team); and just continuing to grow and develop into who is going to be. All I know is that I love his kid so very, very much. And in all the goods, the not so goods, and what sometimes feels like the downright bads, I couldn't imagine a life without him, and know that I am so fortunate and blessed to call Joshua my son and to be his Mommy.

Joshua celebrating with his sister.


My handsome birthday boy.


Yummy!


Cupcakes provided by Sugar Sugar Cakery. www.sugarsugarcakery.com

1 comments:

Micaela said...

Thanks Gina for the book suggestion. I will certainly pick it up. And I'm definitely enjoying him more and more as I relax a bit. :)