Now though, Joshua is moving on. He graduated yesterday, and today had his kindergarten testing and I learned that he seems to have learned enough to move on. He identified all his letters, except K, I think, which he initially said X. He self corrected on a couple of letters. He identified his numbers 1-10, and counted up to 20 with no problem. He identified his colors, and shapes, although he kept calling the circle and 'O', and only seemed to stumble when he was supposed to identify the different word out of "little, little, kitten, little" and "come, came, come, come" and one other I don't remember. The teacher asked his which one was different and he looked and looked and then asked, "different starts with d, right?" Poor baby, he was looking for the word, 'different' versus which word was not the same as the others. And then there was the 4 pictures where he had to say what was happening in each picture. He was pretty basic with his statements and the teacher said that he needed to work on 'speaking in full sentences'. Which is funny given how much he speaks and how well he generally does.
I'm excited to see how much he learning expands and how excited he is at his new skills. I'm also really excited to be more involved and help out in the classroom. Now something I have to think about it that the one kindergarten teacher who is returning is pregnant and will be out the first two months of school, the other teacher is a new teacher, but I think only new to the school not the district. I think I would rather him be with the same teacher all year round than have a new teacher two months into the year, right? Oy vey, so much to think about.
But we're excited for it all and we'll see what's what starting August 29th!!! Yay!! :)
1 comments:
Broadoaks is High Scope and that was what all of my ECE training was in...
Yes, having kids gives you LOTS to think about. I really wish that I did not have to have a job at all so that I could put all of my focus and attention on them. It is so hard to split! I feel torn in 52 directions all at once! AND ... I have a full time partner!
Have fun at camp and enjoy your time! (however long it may be)
Post a Comment