7:01 p.m.: So far I haven't fallen off the wagon food wise. I've eaten salad, hummus, matza crackers, baked potatoes, apple sauce, and been drinking only water. I find myself hungry at weird times, but not overly starving I guess. My frustration thus far is this: how do I truly tune into God? I know I'm supposed to use the times when I'm hungry or not eating something I would normally eat to spend time with God, but I have a hard enough time being quiet with God when I'm not hungry...being hungry doesn't help. Which I guess is the point. So although I'm doing okay with the actual food portion of the fast; I'm not doing so well with the spiritual portion. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself, physical discipline is often much easier to attain than spiritual discipline, I think. Well, I'm off to have a banana and try to spend some time in the Word.
1 comments:
Thank you so much Gina! It's definitely going to be an interesting few weeks.
Post a Comment